2013 Spring Training Program registration is now open!
Setting the Pace 5k Walking Program
The “Setting the Pace” program is to introduce participants to the lifetime fitness activity of walking and to encourage healthier lifestyles. We offer participants guidance/advice from experienced coaches, weekly group training walks, and educational information on topics such as proper hydration, nutrition, choosing the right gear, and avoiding injury, all within a fun and supportive environment. This program is a perfect springboard to a healthier you!
- When: Eight week program begins on Tuesday, May 14th. Meets weekly Tuesdays/Thursdays at 6:00 pm at Fleet Feet Sports in Birkdale.
- Goal Walk: Program culminates in walking the HFFA Firecracker 5K on Saturday, July 6th.
- Kick Off Rally on Saturday, May 11th at 9:00 a.m. at Town Center!
- Cost: $100(cost of Firecracker 5K registration not included).
5K (3.1 miles): No Boundaries 5k Beginner Run and Run/Walk Training Program
No Boundaries is a 10 week training program structured to help you cross the finish line of your first 5K. Stay motivated with guidance and advice, weekly group training runs and educational clinics on topics such as proper nutrition, choosing the right gear, and avoiding injury.
- When: 10-week program begins Monday, April 29th, 2013. Meets weekly on Monday/Wednesday at 6:30 pm at Fleet Feet Sports
- Goal Race: Firecracker 5K in Huntersville, Saturday July 6th, 2013
- Information Meeting: Thursday, April 18th, 7:00 pm at Fleet Feet Sports
- Cost: $110 fee per program (does not include race registration)
*Sign up for the No Boundaries 5k program is now closed*
Half Marathon (13.1 miles): Run and Run/Walk Training Program
- When:12-week program begins Tuesday, March 12th, 2013. Meets weekly Tuesdays, 6:30 pm and Saturdays, 7:00 am at various locations
- Goal Race: Charity Case Half Marathon, Saturday, June 1st, 2013 in Hickory, NC
- Informational Meeting: Thursday, March 7th, 7:00 pm at Fleet Feet Sports
- Cost: $110 fee program (does not include race registration)
*This program requires that you have recently completed Fleet Feet Sports 10K training program or, at a minimum, can run or run/walk 6 miles at a 15 minute pace.
*Sign up for the half marathon program is now closed*
Would you like additional information? Please feel free to contact our Training Director at firstname.lastname@example.org